Thursday 7 February 2013

Facebook Etiquette

Oh dear Facebook user...

Social media is so powerful, Facebook in all it's glory is probably one of the easiest means to communication these days. Facebook is easy, it's a good way to keep in touch, good way to share fun or intersting info, a cheap way to connect. The many uses, I could write an essay, photo-loving, music sharing, status updates, passing time during lunch or checking your home page during a boring lecture. Whatever it may be, yes even I love facebook and have no shame saying that I use it, alot.

HOWEVER, it has recently just occured to me (actually no that is a lie, I've seen it for years) where people have just become so absorbed by facebook that it become s a personal diary or love letter to their partner or a venting emo session.

I would love to know WHY? what inside a persons mind or fingertips would drive them to typing an essay as a status? or updating how much you love your person every few hours. Or MOTHERS please, it is social suicide writing soppy posts on your kids (sons especially) walls or posting photos of when they were babies. NOT COOL. haha oh man, cringe!

Okay maybe I'm wrong or do all these people forget just how public FACEBOOK is? And once it's out there in cyber space, it will always be there.

Keep it real x


No comments:

Post a Comment