Thursday 10 October 2013

The Leap… challenging your heart and lifestyle. #youngandfree


So I think the thought of the future is half and half for me... half scary half ‘ I- can’t- wait -excitement’. Today I received my certificate for enrolment to Hillsong College 2014. A lifelong dream I have wanted to do since grade 8. It’s almost weird now, being older that these ‘dreams’ can actually come true.
On the other hand it’s a scary thought, leaving al you know behind you, leaving PE, my home town for the past 23 years. I come across people always wanting to run from this place, patting me on the back for ‘finally getting out’. But I don’t see it like that; I love my city, the simplicity of it, the chilled life, small town, friendly faces. I KNOW it all too well. Yes, I am a creature of comfort and I dislike change… so 2014… will be one of the biggest changes my eyes will ever see.

Yet I can’t wait to see what Hillsong has in store for me. I can’t wait to journey with a bunch of new people from all over the world that shares my passion for worship and ministry. I can’t wait to finally be free to write music and play my instruments in an environment of musicians, I can’t wait to see how God is going to change me and mould me after the year.

To tell the truth I am too comfortable here, life’s a peach. Friends, family, a job, live by the beach, got a good man by my side, working with youth and worship and I am alive and healthy. What more could you want? Well everyone needs a challenge, what better way of challenging yourself when you at your most comfortable happy place in life!

One thing is for sure. I am a blessed. One of the biggest changes I had to go through this year was, well … I met the man of my dreams. No but really, haha I asked God for a very specific guy, VERY SPECIFIC. And the funny man upstairs decides to give me everything and more that I asked for! WHAT A DAD! It’s crazy looking back now, I am dating my Hillsong Boy and I haven’t even gone to Hillsong yet! The thought of long distance is a frightening one, BUT I also know that God is good and he knows best.

My mom asked me the other day ‘Kel are you happy to have a boyfriend?”

My answer “haha mom I’m not happy to have a boyfriend, I was perfectly fine before this, BUT I am happy I am with Tim”

It’s about the person and not his title ;)
.....................yip it's about to get lame and cheesey

He will probably never read this so I am a free bird writing what I want ;) But if I can sum up anything it would be that God brought us together because of our mutual desire and passion for worship and life! Something simple grew from small beginnings into a deep friendship that blossomed into something that makes me smile every day.
Timothy Heine, the man that challenges me to be even stronger than I was before, he inspires me to get closer to God and love God more than I could ever love him or anything for that matter. He taught me to see a whole new world of compassion and love for people. He taught me to be generous and give people my time and patience. He proved that getting angry is a waste of our precious time and he also showed me that honouring God with EVERTHING is the bottom line.
I am quite excited to see where God takes us in the future and pray he takes us to new heights in our ministries both separately and together.
So that’s it from me for now… thoughts for the day,
Peace xxx

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment