Monday 11 June 2012

Fruit weigher by day, Engineer by night? Huh!

So my tale goes a little like this...

Once upon a time I was chilling with some university mates down by the beachfront. Yeah yeah okay I was roped into a night of Kareoke... (gotta keep up with my oriental roots you know haha)...
Anyway so its my turn to take the stage and boom, out of no where... this man comes running to the front saying, "can i sing with you?" ...oh dear.

Needless to say shame I couldn't say no, so the man tried singing along at the top of his lungs, not realising that the sound guy switched off his microphone.

By the end of it all I guess it provided the crowd with some entertainment. Anway moving on...I walk down and try to get back to my friends, but to my astonishment got stopped by this poor soul and his friends. Long story short, these dudes followed me to my table and started chatting to my friends. It seems his friends were GERMAN and couldnt really speak english.

So before making our way home, it seemed that the polite PE thing to do was ask these guys what they do for a living and well the dialogue went a little like this:

Me: Hi, so um what do you all do?
Kareoke star: Hi my name is..bla bla bla... and we engineers at WV, these are my friends from Germany doing their internship here and Im just showing them around town....
Me: Ok cool...



Time flys....

Two weeks later, hmm could be three?

Me and my friend are on our work lunch break and go to pick n pay to buy some fruit. After selecting some fresh goodness we go to get it weighed. and as I turn around....I think I actually turned around twice...it was the kareoke man? (in my head...What um why are you here....didnt this guy say he works at VW...um maybe its a extra thing, hobby perhaps? umm? SHOCK SHOCK HORROR)... I kinda felt bad for him, although he didnt seem embarresed at all, maybe he was an engineer at night? haha...So I just went up to him and said hello and carried on with life.

So turns out the man is a fruit weigher not an engineer...
Thought of the day: Why hide what you really are? Somehow the truth will always find you. Maybe cliche but man people should just do what they do and live. Theres no where you can really run to especially in a little town.

How far would a guy or girl go to impress a bunch of other girls or guys? well its pretty clear what not to do ;) It made me wonder what some other guys would do to impress a girl? Hopefully be a bit more subtle and less imaginative.

So THAT awkward moment when an engineer is not actually an engineer. well yup thats happened.

Keep it real xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment