Wednesday 28 May 2014

A little thing called GRATITUDE


So I’ve been living in Sydney doing Hillsong life now for almost 5 months and one thing that keeps flashing it’s face at me is a little thing called GRATITUDE.





//God

Now more than ever I have been in total awe and gratification to God for getting me to where I am today, living my dream and being able to learn and make way for greater things. In the beginning I found it SO easy to complain about the little things;
…I don’t have a car so now I have to walk
…I don’t have a job so have to be extremely cautious of my money and only buy essentials
…I have little to no free time and a very full college schedule etc…

BUT then  I had some realizations…

…I don’t have a car, so now I walk, which means I get an hour of fitness every day, also means I am healthy and capable of getting to places on my own, even get to experience the adventures of public transport. Thank you Jesus!
…I don’t have a job, YET, giving God so many opportunities to open my eyes to receiving blessing, see the love and generosity in people to bless me and also teaching me how to handle finances. Thank you Jesus!
…so I am tired most of the time, but why did I use to see this as a bad thing? Being tired means I’ve had a full productive day. I’ve been placed in the most active serving areas which requires my utter most attention and reliability. This may not be soon as ‘cool’ to a college life student but I now see it as the biggest challenge for me to grow- Bring it ;) Thank you Jesus!
Joel A’bel once said how do we live in gratification? Simple- Learn the most you can out of life because God is more interested in who you are BECOMING than what you simply can achieve right now.

//Parents

Only when you move away from home do you realize how freaking amazing parents are. Honestly would have never been able to come to college without their support. So thankful to God for giving me parents who have NEVER questioned what I want to do with my life, ALWAYS support me (and my expensive dreams) and always make me feel like everything is going to be okay.

//Family

Been so thankful for family and their love and generosity to me here in Sydney. Family I have not seen in years have just showered me with phone calls and support as well as family friends here in Sydney that have blessed me beyond words with meals, furniture, airtime, rent money etc.

//friends

God has been so good to have blessed me with such a lovely house of girls here, making my house a home. Making good memories and more than that meeting some new friends in the different serving or learning areas of college has been inspiring and just such a blessing. Secondly being here made me realize how crazily grateful I am for amazing friends back home that are so supportive and just so great with maintaining deep friendships with mail, skypes, messages, texts etc. Man I miss them, I am seriously surrounded with people of gold!

//Church and support

To all the support I got from church back home, I am so thankful for every prayer and word of encouragement. To the wonderful couple who sponsored my air tickets, without them this trip would have been impossible and their investment in my growth and potential was just so encouraging to this day!

//Timothy


Moving overseas choosing to leave your loved one behind is never ever an easy thing, every other day I still get those moments that I wish I could hop on a plane to just see his face but I know for now God has called me to be here. But I thank God for Tim every day, he has been the most loving, committed and caring man. I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would be blessed with such a kind hearted guy who is not only such a beautiful creature (haha) but so talented and in love with Jesus. I chose a man who allowed me pursue a deeper love for Jesus, a man who always gives me the freedom to follow my dreams. So I guess at the end of the day I am just so ridiculously thankful to have Tim in my life because his life shines JESUS more than any human in my life.

Life is too short to not be thankful for the little details. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment