Monday 21 July 2014

Sunshine in the Winter


Well once again it’s been a long while since my last post. So much has happened since my last post, I  completed my first semester of Hillsong college, I was blessed to be a part of Hillsong conference 2014 – which can I just say was mind-blowing! Mmm what else, I celebrated my one year anniversary with Tim and I cooked my first lasagna away on my own. So let’s be real..it’s been a productive time.

This past weekend I had the awesome opportunity to visit my family in Brisbane, Queensland. I flew in on Friday 18 July and before I knew it I was already back in freezing Sydney
.
My trip to Brisbane was spectacular, was such a blessing to see my family that I haven’t seen in over 10 years and was absolutely spoiled by them. I loved the city of Brisbane, most of all I loved the sunshine. We went to the Gold coast for the day and well I found myself more than at home with my feet in the sand, salty breeze in my hair and sunshine beaming in my face -  heaven!

Can you believe in the dead of winter, there I was soaking up the warm sun! Who knew just an hour and 15 minute flight away was a place that reminded me of home.

Finding the sunshine in winter made me think a little bit about life.

Finding sunshine in winter was like …being welcomed home by my lovely Guatemalan friends, Ale and Christian who are such a blessing – and gave me a ride home.

It’s like… coming home to your roommate and housemates you haven’ t seen in weeks  and catching up over lost time

It’s like the realization that you have Monday off and can sleep in – and yes I slept in till 12pm ;)

It’s the feeling of peace and ease that I don’t have to struggle with money this month because my uncle and aunt blessed me with some extra money.

It’s like the feeling of being so refreshed after a weekend away and being ready for the next semester!

So it’s basically like CHRISTMAS in July, which it is indeed! Despite the cold, there is love and sunny happiness!


Much love

No comments:

Post a Comment